Thursday, September 30, 2010

Being a good person.

Being a good person to me is someone who does not harm anyone, does not hurt anyone else in their own expense.

Every morning as I wake up, I have a sense of heaviness and a bit of dread as I would try to quickly get downstairs to prepare my own breakfast to go to school in order to avoid my grandmother.

Why?

Because she nags. I would be asked to take this and that and that and this to school, I will be asked to do this and that, take this and that, help her to take this and that.. the list in endless, eat this and that.

I know. I should be grateful that I am staying at home with my grandparents. I don't have to pay any rent. I don't have to look for dinner.

I know. That my grandmother does not have anyone to talk to. So she tries to get me to do this and that for her.

I know. I am not supposed to be irritated. But I feel so helpless, I can't ignore her. I tried to talk to her but she can't really hear, and her hearing aid is not working properly anymore.

I know she is trying to be helpful but it had done the opposite for me. Sigh.

I know I am a bad person for being irritated.

I wish I didn't have to feel irritated. At least I could still complain to my mom and my boyfriend. My grandma does not have anyone to complain to.

I should be grateful

No comments: