Thursday, June 25, 2009

Deliveries..

I saw one instrument assisted delivery just now and held 2 moms hands while they scream in pain.

but I think the joy in their eyes looking at their baby has made them forgotten...

- the pain of contraction

- the pain of the tear of the perineal wall during delivery

- the pain when needles pierce through the perineal wall even though there's already lignocaine

- the pain when so many fingers were introduced into the vagina to ensure there's no remnants of the placenta

-the pain(i think the worst) is inserting the pad in and out of the vagina to make sure there's no active bleeding- I feel pain even

Is all this joy worth the pain felt? YES

is all this joy worth all the time spent and the reduced sleeping time? DEFINITELY YES

Day 4 of my obs, posting, i have just been so happy just like in peds.

Oh yes and I want to apologize to whoever's who's reading my previous post, the incredibly long one. I know the male chauvinist actually do not mean what he says that hurts people the most. I guess he just reminds me of my dad, when he was like, why am i not a boy blah blah, i know he don't mean it, but it just came out. nevertheless it still hurts.

Anyway, he apologized and we are all good and cool.

Need to shower, make booking for transformers, and STUDY!


2 comments:

Samm said...

do you like what you do?

Cynthia said...

Most definitely.

hehe I also like to complain a lot...hence the long post :p