Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Weird Deals


I had a 3rd share of a weird deal making process today..

Weird Deal number 1

Labor Room

(Patient is having painful contractions, looking like she's going to deliver soon)

Medical Student: Staff nurse, staff nurse, boleh saya deliver kali ini? (smiling, innocent face was put on) {staff nurse, may i deliver this time around?}

Staff Nurse: Hah, you medical student ya.. aiyah you buat suction sajalah {Huh, you are a medical student right, just do suction la}

Medical Student: Harr.... aiyoh staff nurse, tolong bagi saya deliver lah...(sad face) . {aiyoh, staff nurse, please let me deliver..}

Staff Nurse: Hmmmm you pinjam saya kasut you, saya bagi u deliver lah. {Hmm.. why not you lend me your red shoes, then i'll let you deliver}

Medical Student: OK!
In the end, I did not deliver the baby as it was a difficult delivery. and i did not lend my shoe. The shoe, btw, is a crocs shoe that S, my good friend in New Zealand bought for me. It was really cheap, and I love it so much.

Weird Deal number 2

Labor room

(Patient is having painful contractions, also looks like she is about to deliver, unfortunately she is surrounded by, 1 Staff nurse, 1 student nurse, 2 house officer, 1 medical student. Hence medical student decided she should just observe)

Tagging House officer 1 : Eh staff nurse, medical student ini pandai main violin, dia ajar violin lah

Medical student : (looks mortified, try to open her small eyes big big)

Staff Nurse: (Just smiled)

Student Nurse: (Concentrating on waiting for the patient to have another contraction)

Tagging House officer 2: Acting like he is looking at the student nurse doing her work

Medical Student: House officer where got time to learn violin? You will need to buy a violin as well

discussion went on about how much does a class costs blah blah

Tagging House officer 1 : Why not I let you do more episiotomy repair while you teach me the violin with a discount?

Medical Student: errrrrrrr

Tagging House officer 1 : what is your number ah?

Medical student: uhhhhhhhhh ( at loss for words, look at staff nurse)

Staff nurse: (Her big eyes was opened widely, gave a look that says, what's with this house officer???)

Student nurse: (Still concentrating on contractions)

Tagging House officer 2: (Looks at medical student and then look away..)

Outcome: Medical student feels happy that someone asked for her number but unfortunately it was a tagging house officer who she has not interest in at all whatsoever

Weird Deal number 3

CSU rooms

(Practising to take blood culture in 5 minutes, room was filled with lots of medical students due to upcoming exams, another group was practising urinary catheterization)

Medical student 1 : (Doing a running commentary while doing the blood culture)

Medical student 2 : (from urinary catheterization group, look at cynthia and said, " Eh , can teach me urinary catheterization ah "

Cynthia : Huh? I don't think I know any better than you le.. Why not you ask XXX

Medical student 2 : Why not you teach me and I spend one night with you??

(Cynthia and open her small eyes big big and medical student 1 opened her big eyes big big)

Cynthia: I don't think so

Outcome: Cynthia feels weird, do I look that desperate?




No comments: