Thursday, July 30, 2009

The over enthusiastic Ashthangi

2 days ago, I was supposed to studying for my Finals. Unfortunately, I was drawn to my facebook notification with the red pop up sign and started reading. Bye bye to books AGAIN

I was checking through my mails and decided to do the design of the programme booklet for the upcoming student conference. And I was so deeply in thought of doing the design that 4 hours had passed and it was 11pm! S*** Anyway it was a satisfying work.. but i got up from my chair and OUCH. I have backache. Hmm since that day I did not do any yoga as i accidentally fell asleep in the evening, I have decided to do it then. Backache still there. And I have decided to cut short the yoga practice and skip my shoulder stand and inversion.

Shoulder stand

Halasana - The finishing sequence harmonises the energy (Prana) at the end of Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga Practice.
Plough pose(Halasan)



After that I continued studying as I felt guilty. Only slept at 4 am

Next day... I was awakened by the shrill voice of my friend C. It's already 8.35am!!! And I was still dreaming. Thank god she woke me. That day back ache became worse. Did revision at school and came home with the hope of doing a better yoga and hopefully backache becomes better.

I started with my normal sun salutation A and B and all the 6 standing poses. And I felt so relaxed after that, I have decided to do a yin yoga the butterfly pose.


After being in that position for 1 minute.. i realised that i could almost touch the floor with my head. I was very, very happy and stayed there for 5 minutes. It's a great accomplishment!!!

Unfortunately...

After that, I want to finish off all the position, I realised I couldn't do halasan at all. once the knees reached above my face i experience an extreme pain at my lower back.

After that, i just stopped and finished with corpse pose

went jogging with CL(my house mate) and realised i couldn't really run due to the back ache

Backache remained the whole night. Until now.

I can't do the yoga just now as I couldn't even do a proper sun salutation and i walk like a pregnant lady.

Y_Y I miss yoga.

No comments: