Thursday, January 13, 2011

Relationships

At times I do wonder, shouldn't there be certain rules in a relationship? Especially when there's an argument. Sometimes, argument can be so ridiculous that people get offended with every small miniscule detail.

The person who can actually follow the rule would be people who are levelheaded, calm and collected.

Rule #1
When somebody said something that hurts you, you shouldn't be the one to call back. Why?

1. Because if you called, you are swallowing your pride,

2. You are convincing yourself that you are wrong and the other is right.

3. You are also making it clear to the other person that no matter how hurt you are, and no matter how much terrible things are said to you that makes you repel back, you will run back to his side and call again.

This will show how pathetic you are. And how desperate you are.

Of course, the other person would be confident, cocky and know that you're gonna call back.

I have always thought that I am the confident, cocky person. I have always been like that in the past for years.

I always knew, he will call. Now, it turns out karma has hit me straight on the face. I am ALWAYS the one who call back. ALWAYS.

This has not only made me ultra broke(Cos I have purchased some stuff and will have to pay it and hence I have to try to really save), but it also made me hate myself, pity myself and irritated with myself.

But when you call back, and then he apologized, what does that mean? Did he apologize because he knows that's what I want to hear or he is truly sorry? Bear in mind that, YOU are the one who called, not him. He DID NOT call to apologize. YOU called to say some stupid thing.

Hence, to make things less complicated, if he hurt you, don't call back. It is not worth it.

HOWEVER, there is another situation. If you argued, and you didn't speak for 3 days as you want to wait for him to call. You'll be in misery for 3 days if you are a girl. The misery can be awful. It can involve your family, your friends, your colleague, even your students!(if you're a teacher that is). You can't think, you can't work. At times like this, how you wish you can compartmentalize your brain. Put all the misery in a drawer, close it and lock it.




No comments: