Monday, February 1, 2010

A Not So Sad Weekend

I have been moping around, crying and feeling sad for a while now after knowing that my ex had a new gf.

Because of that, I am looking forward to do some new stuff. Trying to meet new people.

Because of that, I practically jumped at the chance of learning this new dance that I saw Michiko was going.(Michiko is my yoga teacher in Camp5, a climbing gym in One Utama). I joined without a single idea of what aerial tissue dance is all about.

I rushed back on Friday evening to attend the class. It's a 3 day class, 3 hours each. Class started with the usual warm up and stuff.

Then, the unbelievable and the unthinkable happened.

There were 2 tissues hanging(not the real tissue paper, but it's a type of fabric that was tied on the ceiling hanging). The teacher demonstrated what we were supposed to do. That was when my jaw dropped and I nearly dislocated my jaw.

You'll see why after watching the following video. suspense.


I am like, wtf. What have I gotten myself into?

1st day: I was not able to climb even a meter from the floor with the tissue. My back and hands hurt. The whole class involved in me actively watching other participants
2nd day: More interesting moves were being taught. Unfortunately, I have only improved 1 cm from yesterday
3rd day: My arms hurt, I felt sleepy, and I am getting ready to be an observer watching the amazing moves that I can't perform. Then, a miracle happened!!! I was just trying to climb, and I got till midway!!! I finally got it!! It was actually really simple and I didn't get it in the first place, hence i loose a lot of energy. but I am glad i am at least able to climb the tissue now even though I can't perform those amazing moves.
It was a great weekend.
Hope it cured my heart a little. I can feel day by day at least 1% of my heart is being cured.
Anyway, we weren't allowed to bring cameras, will try to upload some pics soon!


No comments: