Tuesday, December 8, 2009


Amazing luck
I have always believed in karma. And I believe bad luck happens for a reason and I always look forward to the better luck in the future. And I always like to look at the bright side of things. Even though situation may seem tough, I try.

And it seems to be paying back! Continuing from my previous post.. I was in the doctors' lounge in N S Hospital waiting for the liver procurement and it started at 4.30 am! I watched my first procurement. And it was AMAZING.

1. I held the bowel for the first time
2. I held the beating heart in my hands
3. I see the lungs pumping in and out. I can even squeeze it between my hands.
4. When ventilators all off, i can hold the asystole heart and feel the fibrillation after giving few massages.
the thrill is just great.

the procurement was over at about 7.30 am. Then we headed back to the hospital, and guess what, the renal transplant fellow(a doctor who completed general surgery and is doing renal transplant) received a call asking to go to puerto rico for another liver procurement! Immediately i asked if i could go.. and he said he'll try.

Anyway, after that they had to settle the liver.. clean it and put into the recipient. and after that.. he said i could go! I ran home and took my passport.. and then off to the airport! It was this small private jet that seats 6 person. Flight was 4 hours long, It was my first time on a private jet.. and it is seriously a rare chance. Can't believe my luck. :D

me and Alan(renal fellow)
The whole team!
me and Harshal

Anyway.. i finally got home on friday 12 midnight.. feeling happy, i don't even feel tired..was just too thrilled. Though the bad part is that.. my desire of becoming a surgeon is becoming stronger and stronger everyday.

1 comment:

eeveehow said...

Wow, that is so cool!