Sunday, August 2, 2009

Self Reflection

I had a big fight with dad in the car today.

It all started because of a very, very incredibly petty issue. All just because some car parked very, very near him.

dad became angry and show all sorts of movement with his hands to the car at the back.
the result? surely the passengers in the car would be angry as well.

And from there, all sorts of hurtful things were said.

I know I am at the wrong for raising my voice at my father. But I do not want my dad to get angry over a very small insignificant issue.

It's an unfair world, but does that mean that whatever ill-treatment that was acted on to us had to be inflicted to another person by us to be fair?

Why do we have to put ourself in the wrong because of another person's wrong?

On second thought, I have put myself in the wrong by raising my voice at my father just because I want him to understand. I realise what a hypocrite I am.

I also realise day by day I am becoming more and more like my dad. Getting angry over petty issues, being impatient, and perhaps even condescending to other people unknowingly.

Please do tell me if I possess any of these traits above so I can correct it.

No comments: