Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I have heard some very disturbing news about a lecturer that I have respected for many years now. And this was from a close friend of mine.

The very first time I heard about this news, I was mildly surprised, and I was a bit unhappy with my friend honestly speaking.

Number 1: My friend does not know whether or not it is true even though she insisted that she is sure
Number 2: That lecturer has been really kind to us, has helped us throughout our tough journey in medical school, and has definitely saved many patient's life
Number 3: Even if the rumor does have some truth in it, it has nothing to do with me whatsoever.

Rumors are spread because there are audience who crave and listen to this type of news. Sad to say, Malaysians and IMU students are these audience.

What the lecturer does, whatever his needs is, does not affect his medical opinion, knowledge and his passion towards teaching and his patients. I honestly don't see what the big hu-ha is about and why do I need to be cornered by other fellow lecturers to confirm the details of it.

It is just like the not-so-recent happenings in the politics. What does anything that is done in his/her personal life has anything to do with work? If these rumors aren't encouraged, it would have just been a personal problem and not a national problem.

I would just like to urge everyone, rumors like this are meant to be listened and forgotten. If we are still just focusing our time, effort and brain cells thinking about rumors, we'll never progress further in other bigger and more important things. Then healthcare system will just be stagnant and ONE clinic will prevail.

No comments: