Thursday, April 8, 2010

I wish...

Sometimes I wish the world isn't such a dangerous place. I was on my way home from covering wards(I am supposed to know what is happening to the patients that I am responsible of in the surgical ward). As I came to a stop at the traffic light, I saw a bunch of people and a motorbike lying on the ground.

I was like, damn accident, and I saw a person limping. Immediately I was relieved. Okay. No one's head got crushed.

Right now as I am pondering about this from home. I wondered what took me so long for me to come down from the car to help.
1. It was a whole bunch of man (I am kinda afraid)
2. It was in the middle of a huge junction(Am kinda kinda afraid)
3. Lotsa people, i don't know if it was a real accident or is it a made up one that my parents always told me, ones that tricked you and make you come out of your car.

After the green light came on, I can't move. Then it was red light. I was still thinking. I was able to make out that the victim seem like a chinese guy and people surrounding him were malays and indian. I was definitely afraid there was communication break down, and it doesn't seem like anyone is trying to bring him to the hospital.

At the end, the green light came on again. I went to the guy. Asked if anyone called the ambulance. He seemed fine, was talking. He was able to walk but there was a huge wound on his left lower shin that definitely needs suturing. At the end, some people helped him into my car, and I brought him to the hospital.

I hate the fact that no one even considered to call to bring him to the hospital.

I hate the fact that it was a hit and run.

I hate the fact that I had to ponder so long due to my own insecurity and fear.

I wish the world is a safe place where I can just come out of my car and help someone without the fear of being tricked.

Most of all, I wish there were no accidents.

1 comment:

eeveehow said...

It's alright to be afraid, this shows that you assess the situation carefully before you do anything. Like the basic emergency protocol states, D.R.A.B.C., where D stands for danger.